ATP | Advantages of the ATP Technology
The advantages of the ATP compared to other technologies are:
- The ATP is able to achieve higher oil yields and process all of the crushed feed ore (other retorts discard the -12mm fine size fraction).
- The ATP combines multiple process steps into a single rotating machine that is thermally efficient and mechanically robust.
- The ATP rotating kiln technology uses solids heat transfer to reduce equipment size and avoid gas to solids heat transfer which is characteristic of vertical retorts. These advantages result in a single ATP having much higher capacity than multiple vertical retort units.
- The ATP uses internally produced fuel to supply process heat and recovers heat from waste streams.
- The ATP produces a full boiling point range oil and a high heating value off gas which are both valuable products.